Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wait Time

My commute has become a lot more interesting since a sign similar to this beauty decided to grace the exit I take:



Now, instead of tapping my foot impatiently at the exit, I use my time to come up with scenarios where this might be relevant information.

Pregnant Wife: Honey, look, the wait time is down to 5 minutes. Let's break my water and get this show on the road!

Man with broken leg: Nah, I'll just wait till tomorrow. Wait time's too long.

Someone with head injury: You know, the bleeding has really slowed down. I think I can wait until the wait time goes down.

I'm baffled as to why someone felt these billboards are necessary, but I found some great information on a couple of websites.

fastcompany.com tells me:

'The Hospital Corporation of America's East Florida Division is using tech to "lure" patients into their emergency rooms.'

And just in case you're at home and can't see your local billboard, they also have an iphone app.

Wait time today: 14 minutes. Too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment