Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Why is it gorgeous all week long, and then rains all weekend? And why does my baby tend to spike a fever on weekends, but then is fine all week? Oh well. We still managed to have fun!

Friday night, I let the boy explore with feeding himself, for the first time. Of course, all he wanted to do was flip the bowl upside down!


Look who's sitting up now! A little bit assisted, but mostly on his own. 



Bessie REALLY wanted Charlie's blanket, as evidenced in the photo above. So I pulled her favorite comforter out. We call this her cloud. 


Saturday morning, Charlie and I left the house at 7:30 to get an oil change and tire rotation. In full disclosure, I woke him up because I was starving and couldn't sleep. Yes, I WOKE A SLEEPING BABY. Shame, shame. He survived. And waking him up might be the cutest thing ever. He smiles and closes his eyes to stretch. Kill me.

Hanging out at Goodyear: 


Saturday afternoon, we went down to Pelham to visit two of our friends that work for Alan Jackson. Alan had a show that night at Oak Mountain Amphitheatre. One of our friend's is his road manager, and the other is his lighting guy. Neither of them had met Charlie yet!



Charlie, helping with soundcheck!


We didn't stay for the show because: 1. We aren't big Alan Jackson fans 2. It was supposed to rain. But it was super fun to hang out and see old friends!

That night, Charlie spiked a fever. He's been doing this every weekend for like 3 weeks, after we spend time outdoors. I wouldn't think allergies would cause a fever, but that's the only thing I can think of?! We had a rough night overnight, and then he got up at 5:30 am, ready to go! This was to punish me for waking him up the morning before. So we went grocery shopping. He had a new fascination with this book this weekend! Too cute. He looks so tired in this picture! 



He seriously loves this book. Anytime he would fuss, I'd give it to him, and he was happy. Love those chubby little hands holding the book.


Luckily, after his rough night of sleep, and only a one hour nap all day, he slept 10 hours straight last night. Phew. I keep thinking he's teething, and every morning I ask him if he grew a tooth overnight. So far, not so much!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night because we have some major changes happening in our lives that will start this week. Hoping to be able to share more tomorrow or Wednesday! 

Happy Monday, friends!

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!




1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little guy. What is his temp when the fever spikes?? I know teething can give them a warmer temperature - Colton gets quite warm once in awhile, the public health nurse assured me it was from teething!
    How can you not like Alan Jackson?! Oh my, I love him! Way down yonder on the Chattahoochee It gets hotter than a hoochie coochie
    haha ;)

    ReplyDelete